Families and Friends,
Can you believe that next week is Thanksgiving and Hanukkah?!? Or as we are calling it around here “Happy Thanks-Givukkah!” We’ve been quite busy preparing for all of the joyous occasions.
Last week alone, we had three birthdays. Romy, Noam, and Nathan all turned the big five years old! Happy Birthday!!!!
The past two weeks we’ve had wonderful Mystery Readers, both Max and Nathan’s moms surprised us with, reading two books each!! Max’s mom read “The Story of Ferdinand” and “If I Built a Car,” and Nathan’s mom read, “There Is a Bird on Your Head!” and “That Is Not a Good Idea!” All of the students LOVED the read alouds and asked lots of questions! Thank you so much Max and Nathan’s moms for sharing your love of reading with us!!! 🙂
We’ve been having fantastic Share Chair sessions, with students bringing in SUPER items to share with us! In addition, to wonderful questions asked by friends during the “question and answer,” portion of the session. Great job, Jayden, Julianna, Brennan, and Romy for helping us to learn the Letter of the Week. Kudos goes to, Nathan, Lexi, Noam, and Nina for sharing some of their favorite things with us, for Student of the Week!! Awesome work everyone!!! 🙂
This week our Student of the Week is: Max.
The Letter of the Week is: Ff
The Feast for 10 is our read aloud book from November 18th – November 27th.
*Parents our word wall words are: cart, tomato, and potato. Please discuss with your child what letter each word starts with and what sound does it make.*
1. If you would like to be a Mystery Reader, please come see me or email me to sign up for a slot. All surprise readings take place on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
2. Please sign up for an item to bring in for us to use, for our Intergenerational Day and Hanukkah Party! (The sign up sheet will be in the classroom!)
3. If you would like to come on Tuesday, December 3rd, and help one of our parents make jelly doughnuts for our class, then please see me or send me an email! 🙂
4. We are going to River Garden to perform our Hanukkah musical on Wednesday, December 4th. If you would like to help drive, then please see me or send me an email! The more drivers the better.
1. Please make sure that you check your child’s folder and behavior sheet daily, to make sure that you stay updated on all of the events.
2. Wednesday, November 27th we will have a noon dismissal. No School on Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th.
**To be reminded of what we all should be thankful for, ask your little one what it is that they are thankful for. The answers and stories, may surprise YOU!!**
Thank YOU for sharing your amazing little one with us,
Ms. Ashley & Ms. Robin 🙂