Greetings families & friends!
We had a “sun“sational time in Science with Ms. Kelly! She showed us a heat lamp and talked with us about the sun and shadows! Asking us questions like “What does the sun do?” “What does the sun help us to do?” She gave everyone a miniature car, then said “When the car is in the sun it will go and when it is in a shadow it will stop.” We all took our cars outside to test out this experiement! Everyone was extremely thrilled when their car stopped and then started moving, all because of the solar energy from the sun. Ms. Kelly taught everyone a simple phrase to remember…The sun makes it run and the shadow makes it stop!
So much FUN! 🙂
During P.E. with Coach Marla she had us stretching during our warm-up, jumping over several hurdles, and throwing balls into a net! Thank you Coach Marla for a very interactive P.E.! 🙂
Our Letter of the Week was, “Gg“. We had a great time trying to cut and glue straws, to create a small “gate” for the letter “Gg.” (Thankfully nobody was grumpy during the activity!) 🙂
We currently have one lizard (Pandory), one caterpillar that as of today turned into a cocoon (Melody watermelon caterpillar), and our new caterpillar (Stuart Little). Please come check out our amazing animals! (Interesting to listen to the discussions from the students about what the animals…what they like to eat, how old they are, etc.) Thank you to our friends, that are quick on their feet to catch the little animals! It is the little things in life! 🙂
We have been busy little bees practicing for our VPK Model Seder on Tuesday, April 8th @ 10:30. We can’t wait to see you there! 🙂
Since everyone worked so hard practicing for the Model Seder…Ms. Robin & I surprised everyone with vanilla ice-cream with graham crackers! It worked out perfectly with the beautiful Springtime weather, to be able to have a picnic in the garden! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream! 🙂
Our Mystery Reader this week was Jayden’s big brother! He read Because a Little Bug went Ka-Choo! and If I were an emu! The little bug book had everyone laughing from the first Ka-Choo! Thank you so much Jayden’s brother for sharing your love of reading with all of us!!! 🙂
For our Share Chair session we had our Letter of the Week, which was “Gg.” He brought in googles, a golf ball, garlic, grapes, glue, green, a picture of his sister (girl), and a stuffed animal gator! Wonderful job sharing all of the great items that start with the letter G! 🙂
We had a wonderful visit from Ms. Ilene from PJ Library! She read the book The Matzo Ball Boy to the entire class, and then discussed with everyone about Passover! Then you took us to the gym to play a Passover tag game! Two students had to put on visors…one was Pharaoh and the other was Moses! If Pharaoh tagged you, then you had to “pretend” to be digging and building, until Moses came and freed you! Great interactive game for everyone! Thank you Ms. Ilene for coming and spending time with us!!!! 🙂
Our Parsley plants are growing very quickly! We planted them Thursday, March 27th and already we have sprouts! Everyone loves watering their little plant! 🙂
Letter of the Week: Yy (Max will be sharing with us this Thursday, all about the letter Yy.)
Ema & Aba: Shainah & Brennan
Jump, Frog, Jump! is our read aloud book from March 31st – April 11th.
*Parents our word wall words are: basket, fly, frog, snake, and turtle. Please discuss with your child what letter each word starts with and what sound does it make.*
1. If you would like to be a Mystery Reader, please come see me or email me to sign up for a slot. All surprise readings take place on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. (We currently have May 1st, May 8th, and May 22nd available. If you haven’t had an opportunity this year and are not able to make the Thursdays at 10:00, then please email me and we will work together to make it happen!)
2. Last day of school before Spring Break is Friday, April 11th.
3.Spring Break is from Saturday, April 12th – Tuesday, April 22nd. School resumes on Wednesday, April 23rd.
4. Field Trip to Diamond D (hayrides, petting animals, nature walk and lots of other fun activities) the week of May 5th. Mark your calendars! More information to come! 🙂
5. Spring Picture Week: May 5th – 9th. (Be on the lookout for more information in your child’s folder!)
6. Mother’s Day Shabbat & Tea will be on Friday, May 9th @ 11:00.
7. No School–Parent/Teacher Conferences will be on Friday, May 23rd. Kids Club only by reservation! (Stay tuned for more information!)
8. No School–Memorial Day will be on Monday, May 26th!
9. Please check folders daily to make sure, that you are aware of all events and other information that is happening in VPK.
Please email me anytime, if you have any questions, concerns, etc. (email@example.com)
Thank you everyone for ALL that you do,
Ms. Ashley & Ms. Robin 🙂